Monday, May 24, 2010

Sangria Wine Recipe

Sangria Wine Recipe
This recipe is from my sister Judy. She put it in the recipe book that my Mom and sisters gave me when I got married 35 years ago. They all hand wrote some of their favorite recipes in the book. Now the book is falling apart and greased stained. Actually, it's one of the reason's I started this blog.

1 bottle red wine
4 tablespoons sugar
1 stick cinnamon
juice of 1 lemon
1 lemon, sliced thin
1 6 ounce bottle of soda water
  1. Several hours before serving, pour the wine into a pitcher and add sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, sliced lemon.
  2. Chill.
  3. Stir from time to time.
  4. Before serving add soda and ice.
  5. Serve in wine glasses or other small galsses.
This is a video of Jim Morris' encore to his song Sangria Wine. The words are
quite simple: Wooooooo...I love Sangria Wine. They also pass the jug around. Skip if you don't like to see drunk, aging rock stars passing the wine jug.