Last week I had guests for dinner. But since we were spending the day at the MIM (Musical Instrument Museum) I wanted to have
as much cooked the day before. I made Rao's spaghetti and meatballs the day before. I did a little research and thought I'd even cook the spaghetti ahead. It worked great. I served the sauce and noodles separately. Try it.
Image via Wikipedia
- Slightly under cook the pasta. Take it out of the water (save some of the pasta water) and put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking
- .Place in a container or gallon baggie.
- When it is time to serve, mix the saved pasta water with some hot water and put the pasta back in.
- Any further cooking that may occur should make the pasta perfect (al dente) this way you can pre-cook all your pasta and no one need wait.
- Also, it can be cooked the day before in the large pot but reheated in a much smaller pot. Helps with cleanup.
- Just be sure to stop the cooking process with the ice bath.