3 T. chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 t.garlic salt
1 1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/2 t. fresh ground pepper
3/4 t. dried thyme
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
2 to 3 green onions, chopped
4 to 6 large tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl.
- Whisk well.
- Place tomatoes in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over. Marinate at room temp for up to 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
Here is another recipe for marinated tomatoes. Our family has made it for years. If you love garlic you will love this recipe. Fabulous!
|Photo by Kay Ercius|
1/4 cup salad oil or a good olive oil
1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 t. minced garlic
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. oregano
4 large tomatoes
- Slice tomatoes. I like to peel them by plunging them in to boiling water for 10 seconds and removing the skin but you don't have to do this.
- Whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Arrange in a shallow dish.
- Pour over tomatoes and chill 1 hour.