The recipe never fails.
1 pound shrimp
1 cup half and half or milk
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup salad oil
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 T. lemon juice
1 T. chopped parsley
1 T. chopped chives
1 stick (8 T.) butter
2 cloves garlic
- Clean and devein shrimp and soak in half and half for 10 minutes.
- Drain and dredge in flour to coat.
- Saute in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Do NOT turn shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp and place on a baking pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, beat the egg yolk with a wire whisk in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 1/2 T. lemon juice and 1/2 stick butter.
- Stir constantly until butter is melted.
- Add remaining butter (1/2 stick), 1 T. parsley, 1 T. chives and 2 cloves garlic.
- Stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour over cooked shrimp and serve immediately.