1/2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 t. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
4 oz. milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz. dark chocolate chunk, or your preference
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars, salt, and butter.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chips and chunks and chill dough for 30 minutes. The longer it rests the deeper the flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Space the cookies evenly leaving room to spread.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Cool completely.