extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Lb. ground beef
fresh ground black pepper
2 T. chopped cilantro
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. smoked paprika
3 bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds removed
1 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
1 c. shredded lettuce
Pico de gallo
lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a dish large enough to hold the 3 peppers with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook one minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain and add chili powder, cumin and paprika.
- Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers in baking dish and fill with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and peppers are tender crisp., about 20 minutes.
- Top with lettuce and serve with pico de gallo, hot sauce and lime wedges.