Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grandpa's Oatmeal


 When I was young I really wanted to like oatmeal but it never stood up to the sweetness of cereal.  Well, this recipe makes oatmeal taste like I always dreamed it would.  This makes one large serving portion.  Love this!


  1/3 c. old fashion rolled oats
3/4 c. water
1/2 banana, sliced
1 T. butter, optional
1 T. brown sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1.  Slice the banana in to the bottom of the cereal bowl.
2.  Add the water and the oats and stir again.
3.  Microwave at medium power for 5-6 minutes or until thickened. (I can't figure how to do medium power on my microwave so I just use full power but stir often).
4.  Remove and add the butter (optional), brown sugar and vanilla and stir well. 
5.  Serve with extra brown sugar for sprinkling if desired.  (yes!)
  
Enhanced by Zemanta