This is a quick and easy pizza crust that can be made in 30 minutes. We like thin crust so next time I will roll it very thin.
1 (.25 ounce) package of active dry yeast
1 t. white sugar
1 cup warm water (110° F.)
2 1/2 c. bread flour (I used all purpose and it was fine)
2 T. olive oil
1 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Let stand until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil and beat until smooth.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.
- Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or bakers stone dusted with cornmeal.
- Spread with desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.