Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rice Crispie Recipe and Measurments

peanut butter rice crispy treats 04.21.09 [111]Image by timlewisnm via Flickr
Ok, so we've all made Rice Crispy treats a million times.  I always double the recipe and have it down to a science.  I am short so I discovered that if I stand on a stool and use a very big chili pot (making it easier to stir and therefore evenly distribute the melted marshmallows) the results were great.  However, I always struggled with the recipe because it calls for 6 cups of rice crispies and I never knew (or remembered) how many cups were in a 12 ounce box.

Well, wonder no more. Here is the the answer:

 One 12 ounce box of Rice Crispies is equal to 12 cups of rice crispies, therefore1-12 ounce box will make a double recipe of rice crispies
I use a large pan 16"x10-1/2"x 2" for the double recipe, sprayed with Pam
Also, spray a long piece of wax paper with Pam to use when
patting the warm crispies in the pan so it won't stick.

Rice Crispie Recipe:
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, or 6 T. to double

  • 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows, to double use 24 oz of marshmallows

  • 6 cups Rice Krispies®, to double use 1 (12 oz.) box of
  • Rice Krispies
Enhanced by Zemanta